- Where can you find many of our best Blues players on a Sunday night? The jam at the Refectory, that's where.
- Here's your heartwarming Holiday Jazz video: Pianist Chris Dawson's miraculous recovery
- Trumpet maker David Monette: Antonio Stradivari at the airport
- Kelli Schaefer: One In A Million
- What Makes Escape Games at Sites Like Gamershood so Enjoyable?
- Gamershood: The Popularity of Escape Games
- Violin Lessons
- Tips To Giving Violin Lessons for Children
- Oregonian Chris Schelske rides off to Austin... again with Reckless Kelly
- Oregon Ballet Theatre restores live orchestra for performances in February and March
- Indie Artists To Watch For In 2010
- Portland Youth Philharmonic to present its annual Christmas concert
- My Top Fives of '09
- Afrobeat Tribute To Michael : Fela and the Glove at the Foot
- Oregon Music News Editors Pick The Top Albums of 2009
- 7 Songwriting Tips For Keeping The Songwriting Process Fresh
- Get Your Artist Signed To Tesco, Lidl or Asda!!!!
- 5 Things You Need To Know About Raising Finance For Your Music Business
Posted: 26 Dec 2009 11:44 PM PST
by Tom D'Antoni on December 22, 2009 Selfe The Refectory may not be your quintessential Blues roadhouse, but on Sunday nights it stands with the best of them. That's because many of Portland's best ...
Posted: 26 Dec 2009 11:26 PM PST
by Tom D'Antoni on December 22, 2009 Jazz writer Doug Ramsey's Riftides site has this video of Chris Dawson's heartwarming story. Hey, it's Christmas. I had never heard of Chris Dawson until this mor...
Posted: 26 Dec 2009 11:06 PM PST
by Tom D'Antoni on December 22, 2009 Stradivari from a 19th Century print Imagine how you would feel if you had the opportunity to walk into the shop of Antonio Stradivari in Cremona, Italy around, ...
Posted: 26 Dec 2009 10:48 PM PST
by Barbara Mitchell on December 22, 2009 It's a rare moment when you hear something that literally stuns you - the kind of thing that stops you in your tracks and makes time momentarily come to a hal...
Posted: 26 Dec 2009 09:12 PM PST
If you want to try out some escape games then one good point to note is that sites like Gamershood allow users to give games ratings. If you are wondering what makes escape games enjoyable and why som...
Posted: 26 Dec 2009 09:08 PM PST
You might have had a look at online games on websites like Gamershood, and spotted the numerous escape games that are to be found there. Sometimes known just as escape games & sometimes termed room es...
Posted: 26 Dec 2009 07:50 PM PST
ONLINE VIOLIN LESSONS +++++++++++++++++++++++++ VIOLIN MASTER PRO:YOUR GATEWAY TO SUPERB PERFORMANCE --------------------------------------- The Violin Master Pro system is powerful and is a...
Posted: 26 Dec 2009 06:20 PM PST
There are now more options for children than ever before. Children always have different interests but getting them into music in one way or another is a really great thing. There are a lot of parents...
Posted: 26 Dec 2009 03:20 PM PST
by Stephanie Salvey on December 23, 2009 Chris Shelske (2nd from left) and Reckless Kelly After a few years hiatus, Oregon player Chris Schelske is back with his old Austin roots rock posse ...
Posted: 26 Dec 2009 03:12 PM PST
by James Bash on December 23, 2009 Oregon Ballet Theatre's dancers will perform with a live orchestra for its performances of "A Midsummer Night's Dream," which will take place in late Februar...
Posted: 26 Dec 2009 03:03 PM PST
by Robert Ham on December 24, 2009 Next week, the Indie section will be looking back over a decade's worth of music from Oregon, listing out what this writer and a few of his trusted allies deem to ha...
Posted: 26 Dec 2009 02:55 PM PST
It's that time of year in which the Portland Youth Philharmonic assembles all of its forces for its annual Concert-at-Christmas program. That means that the alumni orchestra will also perform, and as...
Posted: 26 Dec 2009 02:44 PM PST
Santa obviously didn't check his list twice if you didn't get these in your stockings, clogs, or near your radiator. There's already too much out there written about these 5 albums and rightfully so....
Posted: 26 Dec 2009 02:22 PM PST
by Tom D'Antoni on December 25, 2009 Did Michael Jackson ever meet Fela Kuti? Did they listen to each others' music? Whether they did or not, composer/keyboardist Ben Darwish will lead a ten...
Posted: 26 Dec 2009 01:55 PM PST
JAMES BASH 1. Messiaen: Saint Francois d'Assise / Metzmacher, Tilling, Gilfry, Hague Philharmonic / Opus Arte 2. Bernstein: Mass / Jubilant Sykes, Marin Alsop, Baltimore Symphony Orchestra / N...
Posted: 26 Dec 2009 10:39 AM PST
Sometimes, as songwriters, we fall into ruts where every song sounds the same. Here are 7 things you can use to get a fresh new angle to your songwriting.
1) Write a song on an instr...
Posted: 26 Dec 2009 08:21 AM PST
Major Record Labels are dead. Long live Major Record Labels!  Many have decried the Internet for its negative effect on physical record sales citing file sharing, unofficial downloading and the te...
Posted: 26 Dec 2009 08:02 AM PST
1. Think as a 'Business'. Most people in the music industry are creative types. However, the ability to think creatively does not necessarily translate into "Business Thinking" and as such it is impor...
|You are subscribed to email updates from GoArticles Music Category |
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
|Email delivery powered by Google|
|Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL USA 60610|